Monday, November 28, 2011

Procrastinating...

It's my turn to host TGIFF again this Friday and I'm FREAKING OUT. 


I'd like to say I've been working madly on my 10 year old WIP but I've mostly been procrastinating. As I have for the last ten years.


Yup, that's right. A ten year old WIP. One of the reasons I took up the TGIFF challenge with M-R. 


The FMQ-ing is nearly there. Didn't quite finish due to technical difficulties so moved on to binding before quite finishing the quilting. The pins are out. The binding half done. 2 large blank triangles left to fill in with FMQing. 


Washing and removing 10 years worth of dust and dog hair - every speck shows up on black - will be the last steps. And photographing.


Will I get there? I'm not honestly sure. There's something reassuring about this UFO. Not finishing it has been a 10 year long habit, the third quilt I started, the first I designed myself. I'm gonna miss the guilt of having it in the spare room, on the bed, pinned and thinking "I really must finish that". It's grown with me from beginning patchworker to confident, free-motion quilter. Can I bear to actually finish it?

You'll have to wait and see on Friday at Quokka Quilts... 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the 10 year quilt, you make me feel so much better about my own patchwork procrastination . I admire your courage and will tell myself get that quilt going

    ReplyDelete